For 40 years, the National Women's Law Center has led the way in expanding the possibilities for women and their families. The Center uses the law in all its forms to advance the rights of women: from advocating for new laws to litigating ground-breaking lawsuits to educating the public about how to make the law and public policies work for women and their families. The Center focuses on major policy areas of importance to women, including education, employment, health and reproductive rights, and family economic security, with special priority given to the needs of low-income women and their families. The Center has a staff of more than 70 and an annual budget of approximately $12 million.
This dynamic and growing organization is looking for talented, committed individuals to join its efforts. NWLC offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and four weeks of annual vacation. In addition to permanent staff positions, NWLC offers fellowships, internships, and pro bono opportunities.
Interns: If applying for an internship position, please include a cover letter indicating which program area you are interested in, when you are available to intern (Spring, Summer or Fall), whether you are receiving school credit and/or have an external source of funding such as your college or law school and, if so, please identify the source, and how many hours per week you can intern. A full application includes a cover letter, resume, transcript, a 5-10 page writing sample, and contact information for three references. Please submit your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining the NWLC team, submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary requirements, resume, three supervisory references, and writing samples if requested in the position description. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please include position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Human Resources Department
National Women's Law Center
11 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
No calls please.
- ABA Section of Taxation’s 2016-2018 Christine A. Brunswick Public Service Fellowship
- Legal Fellowship Opportunities for 2016
- Fall 2015 Development Intern
- Spring/Summer 2016 Law Student Internships (Fall 2015 CLOSED)
- Spring and Summer 2016 Outreach Intern for Health and Reproductive Rights (Fall 2015 CLOSED)
- Spring and Summer 2016 Online Outreach Intern (Fall 2015 CLOSED)
- Fall 2015, Spring/Summer 2016 Media Intern
- Fall 2015, Spring/Summer 2016 Outreach Intern for Family Economic Security/Education and Employment
- Fall 2015, Spring/Summer 2016 Health Policy Intern
- Spring and Summer 2016 Child Care Intern (Fall 2015 CLOSED)