Since 1972, the National Women's Law Center (NWLC) has expanded possibilities for women and girls in the United States. NWLC uses the law in all its forms to protect and advance the progress of women and girls at work, in school, and in virtually every aspect of their lives. NWLC takes on the issues that cut to the core of women's and girls' lives in education, employment, family economic security, and health, with special priority given to the needs of low-income women and their families.
This dynamic and growing organization is looking for talented, committed individuals to join its efforts. NWLC offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and four weeks annual vacation. In addition to permanent staff positions, NWLC offers paid, sponsor-paid and unpaid fellowships, internships, and pro bono opportunities.
Interns: If applying for an internship position, please include a cover letter indicating what program area you are interested in, when you are available to intern (Spring, Summer or Fall), and how may hours per week you can intern. A full application includes a cover letter, resume, transcript, a 5-10 page writing sample, and contact information for three references. Please submit your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining the NWLC team, submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary requirements, resume, three supervisory references, and writing samples if requested in the position description. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please include position title in the subject line. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Human Resources Department
National Women's Law Center
11 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
No calls please.
- Spring/Summer/Fall 2014 Development/Administration and Finance Intern
- Spring, Summer and Fall 2014 Outreach Volunteer Intern for Health and Reproductive Rights
- Spring/Summer/Fall 2014 Health Policy Volunteer Internships
- Spring/Summer/Fall 2014 Child Care Volunteer Intern
- Spring, Summer, and Fall 2014 Online Outreach Volunteer Intern
- Fall/Spring/Summer Law Student Internships
- Spring, Summer, and Fall 2014 Graphic Design Volunteer Intern
- Spring, Summer and Fall 2014 Media Volunteer Intern
- Spring, Summer, and Fall 2014 Outreach Volunteer Intern for Family Economic Security/Education and Employment