I am not a morning person and, believe me when I say that I do not relish the thought of waking up before dawn on Tuesday so that I can drag myself to the polls. But, I will. Why? Because voting matters. When you vote – your voice is heard. It is your opportunity to stand up and be counted. This year, my vote will say:
- Yippee for health reform!
- It’s about time that being a woman is not a pre-existing condition, let’s keep it that way.
- Hey you — insurance company — pretty soon you won’t be able to charge me more for health insurance just because I’m a woman. I’m going to make sure it stays that way.
- Good riddance to having to pay for preventive health services and screenings. Don’t come back.
- What a relief to have direct access to my OB/GYN without having to get a referral. I don’t want to have to go through that hassle again.
- I’m glad that my health insurance is going to have to cover maternity care. Let’s not return to the days when it was nearly impossible for a woman to find an individual health insurance plan that provided maternity coverage.
What is your vote going to say?
Articles by Topic
Join the Reproductive Health Campaign
Go to ThisIsPersonal.org to get the facts and tools you need to help protect women's reproductive health.