Below are resources related to past NWLC webinars, conference calls and other presentations. Please see our list of upcoming calls & webinars.
Title IX Academy is a series of webinars designed for students, parents, educators, and activists to learn more about how Title IX applies to a range of topics. This webinar covers:
- An overview of how Title IX applies to sexual assault in educational settings, and
- Tips for recognizing Title IX problems at you school and how to address them
This is a webinar recording and slides from the Moving Women & Families Forward: A State Roadmap to Economic Justice webinar. During the webinar recording, you'll learn more about advancing a broad agenda made up of policies that can create a more just society for women and families, and how state advocates can work to make it a reality.
This webinar includes:
• A general overview of the role of Title IX in girls’ and women’s athletics.
• Tips for recognizing Title IX problems at your school & how to address them.
• An opportunity to ask questions of our experts.
This webinar covers the basics of the Premium Tax Credit - the subsidy to help people afford health insurance under the Affordable Care Act - including who is eligible for financial assistance, how much assistance is available, how to apply, and what happens at tax time.
- Free outreach materials
- Information to help you connect with local coalitions
- Ways to find free tax preparation services in your community
- Some successful techniques for spreading the word about tax credit
Tax Credits: What Working Families Need to Know, October 16, 2014
This webinar focuses on the changes that the IRS and the Social Security Administration have implemented since the Supreme Court’s 2013 decision striking down portions of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). If you’re a legally married same-sex couple, what do these changes mean for you? What’s new or different about filing your taxes, or claiming Social Security?
On October 2, 2014 National Women's Law Center participated in a webinar hosted by the Children's Leadership Council, Taxes are a Children's Issue. Joan Entmacher, Vice President for Family Economic Security, presented on the importance of raising tax revenues to support investments in children.
This conference call explained the current status of the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) reauthorization process and the specific provisions of the CCDBG reauthorization bill that passed the House of Representatives in September 2014.
Featured speakers included: