CONFERENCE CALL AGENDA
Hosted by the National Women’s Law Center
April 14, 2011
1:00 p.m. EST
I. Welcome & Topic Introduction
- Lisa Codispoti, National Women’s Law Center
II. State Exchanges: Learning from Two Models
We’ve previously discussed state exchanges – the new marketplaces that will allow individuals and small employers to purchase health coverage. But exactly how will they work? On our call, we’ll be joined by two authors of a recent study that discuss two models of exchanges currently operating in Massachusetts and Utah:
- JoAnne Volk, Research Professor, Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute
- Joe Touschner, State Policy Analyst, Georgetown Center for Children and Families
A slideshow of the report's finding is attached below.
You can access a copy of their report here.
III. Update on the Federal Budget
A lot has happened in the last week regarding the federal budget – and what it all means for implementation of the Affordable Care Act. We’ll briefly discuss:
- The FY11 budget agreement reached late last week;
- The House Republican FY12 Budget Proposal;
- What we can expect in the coming weeks and how advocates need to respond
IV. Updates, announcements, future calls
Next Reform Matters Call: Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 1pm EST.
To register for upcoming conference calls: http://action.nwlc.org/healthcarereform
To suggest future agenda topics, or make an announcement on a call, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about NWLC's Progressive Leadership Advocacy Network.