Tax Credits Outreach
Each year we partner with advocates and community leaders across the country to conduct a public education campaign aimed at informing families about state and federal tax benefits for which they may be eligible. This year, the tax credits available to low- and moderate-income families are more valuable than ever.
With your help, families could receive:
- Up to $6,044 from the federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Up to $1,000 per child from the federal Child Tax Credit.
- Up to $2,100 from the federal Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.
- The new Premium Tax Credit (available under the Affordable Care Act) can help families who qualify for health insurance through the marketplace pay for insurance coverage throughout 2014. Stay tuned for more information.
And many states offer their own versions of these credits as well!
These tax credits are available to all eligible families, and there is free tax preparation assistance available to help families fill out their tax returns. Help make sure that families know about the credits, and how to claim them, so they don’t miss out on thousands of dollars in valuable tax assistance.
SIGN UP: Become an NWLC Tax Credits Outreach Campaign Community Partner and check out our list of current Community Partners that are spreading the word about tax credits across the country!
Access our state-by-state clickable maps for outreach fliers in multiple languages:
Access our federal outreach fliers in multiple languages:
- Tax Credits: What Working Families Need to Know
- Tax Credits Outreach: Tips & Tools for Advocates
- Paying for Obamacare: Information about the Premium Tax Credit for Individuals and Employers
- After DOMA: Tax Filing FAQs for Same-Sex Married Couples
- State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions, Tax Year 2013
- How Tax Credits Can Put Money Back in Families' Pockets
- Checklist of Tax Issues for DV Survivors
- Paying for Health Care: Obamacare and Taxes - FAQs for Advocates
- Paying for Health Care: Obamacare and Taxes
Making Care Less Taxing:
- 2014 Supplement to Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2013 Supplement to Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2012 Supplement to Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2011 Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2011 Making the Grade for Care: Ranking State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions