Tax Credits Outreach
Each year we partner with advocates and community leaders across the country to conduct a public education campaign aimed at informing families about state and federal tax benefits for which they may be eligible. This year, the tax credits available to low- and moderate-income families are more valuable than ever.
With your help, families could receive:
- Up to $5,891 from the federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Up to $1,000 per child from the federal Child Tax Credit.
- Up to $2,100 from the federal Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.
And many states offer their own versions of these credits as well!
These tax credits are available to all eligible families, and there is free tax preparation assistance available to help families fill out their tax returns. Help make sure that families know about the credits, and how to claim them, so they don’t miss out on thousands of dollars in valuable tax assistance.
SIGN UP: Become an NWLC Tax Credits Outreach Campaign Community Partner and check out our list of current Community Partners that are spreading the word about tax credits across the country!
Access our state-by-state clickable maps for outreach fliers in multiple languages:
Access our federal outreach fliers in multiple languages:
- Tax Credits: What Families Need to Know
- Tax Credits Outreach: Information for Child Care Providers
- Tax Credits Outreach Made Easy: Tips and Tools for Advocates
- Tax Credits Fact Sheet, Tax Year 2012
- State Child & Dependent Care Tax Provisions, Tax Year 2012
- Tax Credits Questions and Answers
- Checklist for Domestic Violence Advocates
Making Care Less Taxing:
- 2013 Supplement to Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2012 Supplement to Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2011 Making Care Less Taxing: Improving State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions
- 2011 Making the Grade for Care: Ranking State Child and Dependent Care Tax Provisions